Canyons of the Gunnison River Tour
Our scenic river tour begins with instruction. Before launching you will spend 30 minutes with our professional instructors both on land and in the water learning basic SUP and river running skills.
We proceed 5 miles downstream through calm water, deep canyons and exciting class II rapids. These canyons are home to great blue heron, big horned sheep, deer, elk,and bald eagles. Native trout swim right under your board in these gold medal waters.
Enjoy the warm air, cool water and breathtaking scenery as you float through the most inviting river canyons in Colorado.
Trips make a short stop to explore the petroglyphs and ancient dwelling of Eagle Rock Shelter. At 13,000 years old, this is the oldest archaeological site in Colorado.
Some in your group don't feel like paddling? Ask about floating along with the trip in a guided raft from our partners at Gunnison River Expeditions!
- Expect to spend 2 hours on the water.
- Wetsuit, booties and splash top provided.
- Appropriate for age 12 and up.
- Raft along option available from our partners at Gunnison River Expeditions
- Physical requirements: must be able to stand or kneel for 2 hours.
- The perfect river tour for first timers!
Length: 4 hours
Price: $79 adults, $65 age 15 and under