Canyons of the Gunnison River Tour
Our scenic river tour begins at the confluence of the Gunnison River and the North Fork of the Gunnison River. In the safety of a large eddy our professional instructors will take you from complete beginner to confident paddler.
We proceed 5 miles downstream through calm water, deep canyons and exciting class II rapids. These canyons are home to great blue heron, big horned sheep, deer, elk,and bald eagles. Native trout swim right under your board in these gold medal waters.
Enjoy the warm air, cool water and breathtaking scenery as you float through the most inviting river canyons in Colorado.
Some in your group don't feel like paddling? Ask about floating along with the trip in a guided raft from our partners at Gunnison River Expeditions!
- Expect to spend 2-3 hours on the water.
- Wetsuit, booties and splash top provided.
- Appropriate for age 12 and up.
- Raft along option available from our partners at Gunnison River Expeditions
- The perfect river tour for first timers!
- Physical requirements: must be able to stand or kneel for 2 hours.
Length: Half day